Call Us at +91-91766 22001
Call on Viber +91-94440-35171
Chat on WhatsApp +91-96000 58899
Buttock Lift India
Butt lift, also known as gluteoplasty is a cosmetic procedure aimed at surgically improving the appearance of the buttocks. It improves contour and tightens the underlying tissue that support the fat and skin in this region. It’s often performed as part of a lower body lift surgery. Unlike Brazilian butt lift that involves fat transfer, this procedure involves removal of skin through excision and contouring through liposuction.
Indications for a buttock lift.
- If you have significant excess skin in your buttocks region following bariatric surgery, dieting or exercise
- If pregnancy / ageing resultant loose skin / cellulite in your buttocks
- If you have extreme skin laxity and sagginess of buttocks
- If overhanging skin in your buttocks that restricts mobility and cause rashes or infections
Patients closest to their desired or ideal body weight are suitable to undergo the procedure.
What to expect during the consultation?
At Chennai Plastic Surgery, our cosmetic / plastic surgeon will spend time to understand your medical history and surgical goals. Besides they shall assess your general health status, examine your body, discuss other possible treatment options, risks and finally suggest the recommended course of treatment. At times, if our surgeons feel that you are not close to your ideal weight, they may advise that you lose some more weight before the procedure or undergo a liposuction during the procedure.
What to expect before the butt lift surgery?
You will be advised to stop smoking for at least four weeks before the surgery. Besides, the surgeon shall advice you to avoid certain medications such as Aspirin (blood thinning agents). You will be advised lab tests, the results of which will determine your readiness for the procedure.
How is the butt lift surgery performed?
At Chennai Plastic Surgery, the procedure is performed under general anesthesia and can take between 1 to 2 hours. If combined with any other procedure, such as a thigh lift, it may take longer. Our surgeons will adopt one of the 4 different methods based on the degree of sagginess, skin tone and laxity, volume deficit and location of the defect.
- Upper buttock lift. Preferred method when the excess skin is severe, often resulting from massive weight loss following bariatric surgery, exercise or dieting. The incision here is placed along the upper buttock contour.
- Lateral buttock lift. Preferred method when sagginess of the butt is moderate on the side of the buttocks. Here, a relatively short incision is located around the hip and buttock junction.
- Butterfly buttock lift. Preferred method when sagginess of the central butt is mild to moderate. Here the incision is placed along the gluteal crease and extends to the sides.
- Lower buttock lift. Preferred method to correct moderate sagginess in the lower portion of the buttock by creating a fresh fold.
Following the incision placement, the excess skin is excised and the remnant skin in your buttocks will be pulled upwards and underlying tissue tightened. At Chennai Plastic Surgery, we augment the results with a liposuction of the buttock area and thighs to give an aesthetic appeal as a part of the procedure. This procedure will require deep support sutures within underlying tissue to enable creation of new contours. Incisions are often closed in multiple layers. Often, our surgeon will offer the option of combining the butt lift with a thigh lift and/or tummy tuck, which is purely your choice.
What to expect after the butt lift surgery?
Following the procedure, dressing is applied along the sutured areas. Small drains tubes are temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood. You will be encouraged to walk the next day. You may require one or two days of hospitalization. You will be advised to wear customized compression garments for a couple of months to avoid hematomas and reduce swelling. Sutures, if any will be removed about 2 weeks following the surgery.
The results of a lift are visible almost instantly. But it would definitely take up to 3 or 6 months for the final results to show up. This procedure might require you to stay home for at least 3 to 4 weeks. You can resume exercise between 4th and 6th week. Once the swelling subsides and scars settle, you will be immensely pleased with your new look. It confers the additional advantage of improving the dimpled and irregular skin appearance.
What are the risks associated with the procedure?
You can anticipate 1. Bleeding 2. Infection 3.Poor wound healing 4.Fluid accumulation 5. Numbness 6. Pain 7. Asymmetries 8. Skin Loss 9. Swelling 10. Unfavorable scarring etc., all of which can be avoided by choosing the right surgeon. We advice our clients to immediately reach us if they are facing any unusual symptoms so that we can attend to any impending complication in a timely manner.
It helps to bear in mind that the tissues loosen and sag as you age.