Call Us at +91-91766 22001
Call on Viber +91-94440-35171
Chat on WhatsApp +91-96000 58899
Chin Augmentation India
A chin could make all the difference to your face. It completes the shape of your face. Often, people judge you by your chin. A receding chin or no chin means a weak, incomplete personality, one that juts out would mean a stubborn, uncompromising qualities. It is quite unfair, but that little feature on your face has several such labels attached to it. Depending on how affected you are by your chin, you could opt for a Chin Augmentation procedure.
This rather simple cosmetic surgery procedure can alter the way you look, and can change the perceptions others have of you.
Medical terms, Mentoplasty and Genioplasty mean reduction or enhancement of a chin. A chin can be reduced or added to, depending on the need of that specific feature. Its height can be reduced or rounded by Osteotomy, or a chin can be enhanced using implants.
Implants are available in various shapes, sizes and materials. Depending on the chin in question and the need of the face, the surgeon will determine the most perfect chin implant to go with your face contours.
Options available include making your chin stronger, wider, or even longer, to give your face a suitable shape.
Techniques and procedures
Often, surgeons suggest chin augmentation along with Rhinoplasty, to give the face a balanced look.
To begin with, an incision will be made. Most often, the tiny incision is made under the chin, through which solid silicone implants are inserted. When using other implants made of biocompatible material, the incision is made inside the mouth. To make the implant fit well, your surgeon may decide to fix it to some soft tissue or bone. Once the surgeon is completely satisfied with the fit of the implant, he will close the incision, completing the 30 to 45 minute chin augmentation surgery. In case there are more procedures accompanying chin augmentation, the time spent in surgery will be longer, depending on what else has to be done.
Tape is securely applied to hold the implants in place. Normal swelling and bruising will follow surgery.
- Chin implants can shift, more so during the first few weeks after surgery
- Do not participate in contact sports like boxing or wrestling or go in crowded places till you are fully healed and your surgeon gives you the green signal
- Very rarely, implants in the chin cause infection. In such cases, the implants must be removed and the infection cleared
- The surgery can be performed at the same time as other procedures like Rhinoplasty
- Choices of chin implants are many. Your surgeon will probably show you options for you to choose your desired look
- Direct approaches are available