Call Us at +91-91766 22001
Call on Viber +91-94440-35171
Chat on WhatsApp +91-96000 58899
Breast Augmentation India
Small breasts are a documented cause for loss of self esteem in many women the world over. The “I feel less of a woman” feeling haunts them most of the times. The possibility of breast augmentation or in other words, increasing their breast size through various medical procedures has boosted the confidence of these women manifolds.
Breast augmentation can be achieved by any of the given two procedures:
- Breast Implants.
- Autologous Fat Grafting or Fat Fill.
There are a few major factors that one needs to consider while opting for breast implants besides understanding the routine surgery related issues and complications:
Type of Implant – Silicone / Saline
- Silicone implants come in round or teardrop shaped silicone shells filled with silicone gel. The newer gels maintain their shape and do not dissipate like liquid. The silicone breast implants produce near natural feeling breasts.
- Saline filled implants have a silicone shell and involve injecting saline into the implant following placement in the chest pocket. These are stiffer than silicone implants and can produce rippling of skin and contour changes.
Volume & position of implant :
The volume of the breast implant used and where it is place on the chest – above or below are chest muscle will determine the final size of the breast. They are also an important consideration when one desires finer aesthetic details like a more prominent cleavage, a smoother convergence with existing breast tissue etc.
- As silicone implants are prefilled, they require a larger incision while saline implants need a smaller one.
- The 3 most routinely used incisions are :
- Infra mammary fold Incision – Most common. The dissection is easy, bloodless & quick. The placement of the implant is precise. The postoperative pain and discomfort is less. The scar is concealed along the fold below the breast.
- Peri areolar incision – preferred by those who don’t desire a huge incision. The scar in this case is hidden in the multiple lines and folds of the areola (pigmented skin around nipple).
- Axillary Incision – preferred by those who don’t desire scar on the front chest. It involves endoscopic deployment of implant and is time consuming. The equipments and the extensive time taken make it a costlier option.
- The short term and long term behavior of both the implants are not very different.
- Neither of the implants is lifelong. They have to be removed after 10-15 years and replaced if desired.
- When a saline implant ruptures, the saline gets absorbed by the body. The implant deflates and only the silicone shell is left behind. The patient notices it immediately due to the change in shape.
- When a silicone implant ruptures the silicone that comes out is usually held within the capsule that surrounds the implant and there are no rapid changes in shape. The patient notices the changes very slowly and sometimes goes unnoticed. The silicone that comes out does not cause any problems like breast cancer, infection, or abscess. It can result in some breast pain and change in shape of the breast. In both situations the Implants need to be removed and if desired replaced by a new implant.
Advantages of Breast Fat Fill
- As one’s own fat is used, these is no concern about reaction with foreign body as in case of breast implants
- It is almost scar free as the fat is injected through syringes and small needles.
- The postoperative pain & recovery time is less than an implant surgery.
- One almost gets a complimentary liposuction done to another part of the body in the process of sourcing out the fat.
- It is very economical in comparison to a breast implant procedure.
Disadvantages of Breast Fat Fill
Fat has a tendency to get absorbed partially. Hence the final result can be evaluated only after a period of six months to one year only. They breasts may have a few size, symmetry and shape differences that might require a touch up or correction procedure.
AUTOLOGOUS FAT GRAFTING OR BREAST FAT FILL
Fat as a source for volume augmentation is popular for low volume areas like cheek, chin, malar areas, forehead and depressed scars for more than 30 years now. The latest in the field of fat grafting is the use of one’s own fat in larger volumes to fill and increase size and change shape in areas like breast & buttock. The fat is taken from the areas of fat excess like tummy, thigh or buttock, processed and reinjected using syringes into the breast.
Loss of Sensitivity in the Breasts Several patients experience temporary loss in breast sensitivity after Mastopexy. This is because the nerve endings have been cut during the operation, and need the healing touch of time, sometimes several months, for normal sensation to return. In some rare cases, the procedure can lead to a permanent loss of sensation in the breasts and/or areola area. Scarring Any injury results in scars. And Mastopexy is no exception. But, these scars are usually not problematic. A lowdown on the kinds of scars:
- Hypertrophic scars are red, raised and lumpy
- Keloids are tissue overgrowths that extend past the incisions made during surgery or the development of inner scar tissue.
Smokers or those who have a medical history of abnormal scarring are at greater risk for developing more apparent breast lift scars. Scar gels and silicone gel sheeting can help minimize scarring. It’s important to remember that scarring looks worse just after surgery and begin fading over time. Wound Separation (Dehiscence) Revision surgery isn’t usually required to treat the wound separation problem. Smokers and diabetics are among those who may experience a separation of the operating wound edges. If wounds do separate, take care to keep the area as clean as possible. Women who experience wound separation will take longer to completely recover from their Mastopexy.
Breast Skin or Nipple Loss Due to effects on the blood circulation during a breast lift, there is a risk that part of the breast skin, or the nipple, could turn black. It is a much higher risk, however, in diabetics and smokers, and for this reason Mastopexy surgery is not perform on these patients.
Breast Asymmetry Naturally, all women have some level of asymmetry. It is when this asymmetry is noticeable and causes distress and discomfort, correction using surgery must be done for a more balanced look.
Blood Loss Excessive blood loss, although not common, may need blood transfusion. If the bleeding fails to stop on its own, it needs immediate medical attention. To reduce the risk of post-operative bleeding, patients are given instructions to avoid the use of anti-coagulant medications and supplements like vitamin E, garlic tablets and aspirin.
Hematoma A hematoma is caused by blood collecting and clotting in a body cavity. It could cause swelling, pain, develop scar tissue, infections and other complications. Patients would know a hematoma has developed when one breast becomes significantly bigger than the other, even 2-3 times bigger! It would also become very painful – a sure sign that the doctor must know and medical care must be administered immediately.
Fat Necrosis When fat lacks a proper supply of blood it becomes necrotic, or perishes. The affected tissue turns orange and begins to weep. This is a problem and could lead to causing major infections. Patients must seek immediate treatment to remove the necrotic tissue. However, it is a rare occurrence in breast tissue and can be seen in smokers, women who suffer from diabetes or circulatory problems. Those who have undergone radioactive/chemotherapy treatment are at an increased risk of developing necrosis.
Infection Normally, infections show up within three days following surgery. The signs are severe swelling, redness, significant pain that shows no sign of improvement, discharge, a foul smell, a fever of 38 degrees Celsius or higher and intense heat stemming from the operated area.
General Dissatisfaction with Surgical Results of Mastopexy Dissatisfaction will not occur if patients have realistic expectations from their breast lift surgery. In any surgery, skin is cut. Therefore scarring is a given. You need to accept that in your mind. Anyway, these scars are never visible in public. When you know what to expect, you automatically keep your expectations real. And we, at Chennai Plastic Surgery are known to exceed expectations in a positive way.